Join our R&D team in Wageningen, NL to demonstrate your expertise in stabilization and formulation of bacterial and fungal agents for agricultural applications. Products will be used as biopesticides, biostimulants and biofertilizers. Ceradis crop protection BV. is always evolving and innovating new ways to make more environmentally friendly pesticides and fertilizer to its customers. The company Ceradis was founded in the Netherlands as a spin-off of Wageningen University and still has a close relationship with their research departments.
In this position, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the developmental processes and formulation of microbial products to for instance preserve viable bacteria, fungi or yeast for extended storage and efficacy in the field. For this function, the candidate should have a strong background in microbiology, biochemistry, or formulation science. The candidate will be responsible for planning and executing experiments to support the development of innovative new microbial products. The candidate will be involved in a broad field of application including foliar, soil, and seed treatments. Experience with process technologies such as, bioreactor, spray drying, lyophilization, fluid bed drying, microencapsulation, and seed coating is desirable. The applicant should have a proven track record of success in developing and scaling up microbial products. This is a hands-on position.
- PhD with 2-4 years experience, MS with 4 – 6 years experience in microbiology, microbial fermentation, biochemical engineering or formulation science in the field of agriculture
- Experience with formulation process technologies is highly preferred, such as freeze-drying, spray drying, fluid bed granulation, seed coating, and microencapsulation, with specific application to stabilizing bacteria, fungi or yeast cells in agricultural applications
- Knowledge and working experience on microbial processing; both upstream and down-stream to have stable microbial formulations
- Team player, able to work with multi-disciplinary team and external collaborators
- Willingness to learn formulation process technologies when/if needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with good organizational skills
- Starting date in mutual agreement
- Based in Wageningen, the Netherlands.
- Will report to the CTO
- A start-up environment with many opportunities for growth, personal responsibility and initiative
- An equal-opportunity environment and an international presence
For more information about this vacancy, contact the CTO, Christian Stratmann. You can apply by sending your CV and a motivation letter to Christian.Stratmann@Ceradis.com.