Ceradis B.V. develops and markets innovative environmental friendly solutions for plant nutrition and crop protection. The company Ceradis was founded in the Netherlands as a spin-off of Wageningen University and still has a close relationship with their research departments. Ceradis products have a patented formulation that guarantees optimal activity of the ingredients and excellent handling characteristics for the end-users. Ceradis has 4 current technology platforms and is working on strengthening these and adding to them. Each platform is covered by one or multiple patents.
Responsible for all sales and marketing activities for the Ceradis products in USA to distributors. Particular focus on CeraMax, Ceradis’ proprietary biofungicide now in development. In addition, will assist in commercialization of CeraMax in the rest of the world. Details on Ceradis and its current products can be found on www.ceradis.com.
- Bring CeraMax and other Ceradis products successfully to the USA market.
- Establish contact with potential new distributors and manage current commercial relationships in the geographical area
o Prepare overviews of required technical and commercial information to ensure smooth commercialization efforts (“prevent surprises”)
o Drive the delivery of this required information, develop and maintain sales and current product knowledge
o Regularly check progress with distributors, resolve problems as they arise and escalate issues to Ceradis management where needed
- Help grow volumes and improve Ceradis’ margins
o Negotiate terms with distributors
o Develop and execute pricing and promotion strategies
o Develop negotiation strategy towards end users and help distributors with insights of the purchasing process of end users
o Analyze other opportunities to grow volumes and/or margins and develop action plan to realize these
- Gather and analyze market data of the assigned geographical area
- Develop and implement new business plans per product /market combination
o Prepare action plans and schedules to identify potential distributors and contact these
o Develop and maintain sales and marketing materials and current product knowledge
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Inform Ceradis management about the progress of (sales & marketing) activities
- All other duties assigned on an as-needed basis. It should be noted that as a start-up, Ceradis’ organizational structure and individual responsibilities can and will evolve over time and the successful candidate will be therefore be flexible.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree obtained or can operate at that thought level
- Minimum of 10 years sales and marketing experience
- Knowledge about the crop protection and fungicides market, focus on seed treatment
- Proven track record in managing and growing product(s) and/or product portfolios
- Analytical skill set, strong presentation skills, ability to influence senior management at distributors and end users
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently
- Flexible and entrepreneurial
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to travel frequently to markets, customers and industry events (25-50%).
- Starting date in mutual agreement
- Based in USA
- Will report to CEO
- A competitive salary depending on professional experience
- A start-up environment with many opportunities for growth, personal responsibility and initiative
- An equal-opportunity environment and an international presence
For more information about this vacancy, contact Wilke Heijs. You can apply by sending your CV and a motivation letter to Wilke.Heijs@Ceradis.com.
Interested? Then send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org