Ceradis B.V. develops and markets innovative environmental friendly solutions for plant nutrition and crop protection. The company Ceradis was founded in the Netherlands as a spin-off of Wageningen University and still has a close relationship with their research departments. Ceradis products have a patented formulation that guarantees optimal activity of the ingredients and excellent handling characteristics for the end-users. Ceradis has 4 current technology platforms and is working on strengthening these and adding to them. Each platform is covered by one or multiple patents.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FORMULATION CHEMIST
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop Ceradis’ proprietary technology
- Deepen existing formulations know how and develop new technology platforms
- Keep up to date with literature and with the technological trends in the field of agrochemical formulations
- Bring new patent ideas and/or support in developing or strengthening of patents
- Initiate and complete innovative formulation development to expand the R&D formulation library
- Design and thoughtfully perform experiments
- Quality analyses of the designed pesticide formulations (phys/chem stability, particle size, viscosity, suspensibility, active content, etc.)
- Provide technical reports and presentations
- Guide technology transfer to third party manufacturers and provide technical support to production.
- Supervise (pilot) production at the manufacturing site
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or related degree
- Robust analytical skills, flexible, ability to interact with any level within organizations
- Hands-on mentality
- Familiar with all basic lab equipment including particle analyser, viscometer, HPLC, etc.
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and work independently and within a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Formulation development experience (preferably in Crop Protection or a related field)
- Experience with scaling up to (pilot) production is a big plus
- Starting date in mutual agreement
- Based in Wageningen, the Netherlands
- Will report to CTO
- A start-up environment with many opportunities for growth, personal responsibility and initiative
- An equal-opportunity environment and an international presence
For more information about this vacancy, contact the CTO, Christian Stratmann. You can apply by sending your CV and a motivation letter to Christian.Stratmann@Ceradis.com.
Interested? Then send us your CV and cover letter to Christian.Stratmann@ceradis.com